The biggest hurdle of any small business is getting paid. Better Proposals makes that seamless for both you and your client with our integration with Paypal.
Connecting your Account
To connect your Paypal account:
- Click the settings icon in the top right and then click 'Integrations'.
- Choose payments and then 'Paypal'.
- Open https://developer.paypal.com/, click the login button in the top right, and log in with your Paypal account details.
- Click 'My Apps & Credentials' and scroll down until you see 'Rest API Apps'.
- If you already have an app here for your business, click on it. Otherwise, click 'Create App' and give it a name (usually your business name).
- On the details page of the app, switch the toggle from Sandbox to Live and copy the contents of the Client ID box.
- Click the blue 'Connect Paypal' button below, paste in your Client ID and click the green button.
- When your account connects, you'll be sent back to a page that looks like this which confirms that you've connected your account
Taking a payment
When you’re creating your proposal, simply choose the type of payment you want to take and it will automatically prompt your client to make the payment the second they’ve signed. You can choose from:
- Fixed amount
- % of the one-off total
- One-off total
- One-off total plus the first month
This is how you get your clients to pay quickly
You control the message on the left and the amount. They pay with their Paypal account or card and it goes straight into your Paypal account.
You’ve been paid!
Once they pay they’ll see this page and you’ll get an email telling you they’ve paid.
It takes a matter of seconds to integrate your Paypal account and it’ll systemise your sales process entirely.