Integrating Facebook Pixel with Better Proposals allows you to create custom audiences and target people who have viewed and signed your proposals.
Connecting your Account
To connect your Facebook Pixel:
- Log in to your Facebook Business Manager and use the menu to select 'Pixels'.
- On the page, you should see the name of your Pixel followed by the Pixel ID. Click the blue button and paste the Pixel ID into the box below.
- Hit 'Save'. That's it. When people view, sign or pay via your proposal, they will now be tracked by your Facebook Pixel.
Creating Custom Audiences
Once your Pixel is connected, you can go back to Facebook Business Manager and start to set up custom audiences. The basic audience that we recommend creating is one that targets people who have viewed a proposal but not signed it yet. This is how to set it up:
- Use the menu in your Facebook Business Manager to navigate to 'Audiences'.
- Click the blue 'Create Audience' button, select 'Custom Audience' and then choose 'Website Traffic' in the popup.
- Change the dropdown within the rule to 'People who visited specific web pages' and specify URL contains "https://betterproposals.io/proposal" (if you're using your own custom domain, then replace the URL and folder name with your own). This allows you to target people who viewed a proposal.
- Next you need to tell it to stop targeting people who have signed, so click 'Exclude' near the bottom and change the first rule there to 'People who visited specific web pages' = "https://betterproposals.io/proposal/thanks" (if you're using your own custom domain, then replace the URL and folder name with your own).
- Finaly click 'Exclude more' and change the rule there to 'People who visited specific web pages' = "https://betterproposals.io/proposal/payment" (if you're using your own custom domain, then replace the URL and folder name with your own). Here's how it should look when you're finished.
- Give the audience a name and click 'Create Audience'. You're all done and the audience will populate when the tracking starts.