Integrating Insightly with Better Proposals allows you to quickly and easily search for a contact in your CRM account when you're filling in who your document is for. This means that you don't have to remember every client's details off the top of your head.
Connecting your Account
To connect your Insightly account:
1. To access Integration settings, just click Settings > Integrations in the sidebar menu.
2. Once you're there, you'll see various software categories and be able to locate Insightly under CRM integrations.
3. Open a new tab and log in to your Insightly account.
4. Click the person icon in the top right of Insightly and click 'User Settings'.
5. Scroll down the page until you find 'API key'. If there isn't one already there, click to generate one.
6. Click the 'Connect Insightly' button in Better Proposals, enter the API key and click the 'Connect' button.
7. Once you're done, you'll be sent to a page that looks like this which confirms that you've connected your account.
Searching your Account
Once your account is connected, when you create a new document, you will see a new third option to send to 'Someone from my CRM'.
When you click this, you'll see a search box. Simply type part of or the whole name of the company you're looking for and hit the 'Search' button.
Choose the company you're after in the results and then tick the relevant contacts that you'd like this to be sent to (don't worry, you can edit this later).
Click 'Continue' and finish filling in the rest of the details as normal.