Integrating Pipedrive with Better Proposals allows you to quickly and easily search for a contact in your CRM account when you're filling in who your proposal is for. This means that you don't have to remember every client's details off the top of your head.
Connecting your Account
To connect your Pipedrive account:
1. To access Integration settings, just hover over your profile picture in the top right corner of your Dashboard and click 'Integrations' in the drop down menu.
2. Once you're there, you'll see various software categories and be able to locate Pipedrive under CRM integrations.
3. Open a new tab and log in to your Pipedrive account.
4. Click on your name in the top right and click 'Settings'.
5. Click on 'API' and copy your personal API token. If you don't have one, then click 'Generate new token'.
6. Click the 'Connect Pipedrive' button in Better Proposals, enter the API token and click the 'Connect' button.
7. Once you're done, you'll be sent to a page that looks like this which confirms that you've connected your account.
Searching your Account
Once your account is connected, when you create a new proposal, you will see a new third option to send to 'Someone from my CRM'.
When you click this, you'll see a search box. Simply type part of or the whole name of the company you're looking for and hit the 'Search' button.
Choose the company you're after in the results and then tick the relevant contacts that you'd like this to be sent to (don't worry, you can edit this later).
Click 'Continue' and finish filling in the rest of the details as normal.
Syncing your Proposal to a Deal
IMPORTANT: If you had connected the Pipedrive integration before 1st February 2019, you'll just need to disconnect and re-connect it to kick this update into action. You can do this in Settings > Integrations > CRM.
Once you've created a proposal using the above search feature, you will be able to sync your proposal to any deal associated with that company. Do bear in mind that the deal must already exist in Pipedrive.
Simply click on the proposal and click 'Sync Pipedrive Deal' on the right hand side.
This will open a sidebar where you can choose from a dropdown which deal you want to sync this proposal to. Simply select the deal and then click 'Sync Now'.
Once the deal is synced, you'll see a success message and a note will be posted to the deal in Pipedrive with a link to the proposal. The 'Sync Pipedrive Deal' button on the right hand side will now say 'Open Pipedrive Deal' so you can access it directly at any time.
Each time the proposal is opened and then when the proposal is signed, new notes will be added to the deal automatically.